Friday, March 9, 2012

It's a No Go

I am sure you are chomping at the bit to find out if we are all set and ready to depart on Monday, March 12, 2012. Unfortunately, it won’t be happening. Given that we had to use $400 of our gas money to purchase two new tires.

As mentioned before, I am not all that upset about this turn of events. I would much rather have as many glitches out of the way before we hit the road. Also, hanging around a little longer gives me the opportunity to see Jorden once more before we leave. His spring break begins March 17th so he will be home until the 25th and that my friend IS THE DAY WE WILL BE LEAVING!!!!

A spreadsheet tracking all of our spending has been set up. James thinks I’m crazy, but I do much better seeing how much money we have rather than estimating. One too many times have we been wrong in either direction.

We have also started putting gas into the RV. We have a 5 gallon gas can that has been filled twice already. Hey, we need to have gas in her in order to get her to the gas station, right?

Temporary tags are on the big girl right now and we have decided that we will go ahead and get the inspection and plates while here in OH which will be done a few days before we need to leave because we will have to drive her to the inspection station. It was a bugger for James to get this big gal into the back yard, so once we move her out it will be for good.

Other than that minor expense we are good to go. We don’t have any other large purchases to make other than the gas. Keep your fingers crossed that we really can get out of here.

Being stuck here is starting to take its toll on both of our spirits. It is not that I despise Ohio, it’s just not where James or I want to be. The job opportunities are few and far between for me and James is not a fan of warehouse work. I know, I know we are in a recession so jobs are few and far between everywhere and all that, BUT there will be an ocean close by to provide us with some tranquility should the world be just as difficult to maneuver there as it is here. Plus, we’ve both had nibbles for jobs out there which gives us hope that it won’t take long for us to find something.

We just need to remember, everything happens for a reason and it is not for us to understand why, but to just embrace it and go with the flow. It certainly is a challenge and a learning curve.

Thanks for stopping by and HOPEFULLY the next time you hear from me it will be to tell you were are ready to roll.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment