Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3 Getting Closer

Hello ladies and gents! I am sure you are chomping at the bit to see more pictures of the progress and to find out what we have been up to.

Friday James worked on the ceiling treatment. It was a little bit of a process, but he got it done and it will pay off in the long run. He cleaned the ceiling on Thursday and then Friday he spent the day priming and prepping. He also put up the cool door handles we purchased at Hobby Lobby of all places. Aren't they the cutest?














We took Saturday off again, but it wasn't a total waste. We did buy some of the cool looking paintable wall paper for the main ceiling area of the RV. Yes, I did end up getting my way. My hubby spoils me :D However, I DID help him cut and paste and we did a mighty fine job if I do say so myself. We only had a couple of snappy moments with each other, but we were working with wallpaper what do you expect? LOL I am really loving the look.








Unfortunately since we have purchased the paintable wallpaper that means we once again have to pick paint. PLEASE let this be the last paint purchase. I am going to ask for some opinions here and hope to get some feedback. We are trying to decide if we want to do the shimmer type treatment that we did in the bathroom (a different color of course) or if we want to just do regular paint. For the shimmer treatment we were thinking a champagne color. I think it would go good with our kitchen tiles and the green walls. We don't want to go too dark because we don't want the ceiling to feel like its falling in on us. Here is a picture of the tiles we will be putting up in the kitchen.





We are also contemplating using a very subtle tan color. Do you think the shimmer treatment would be too much since it is already in the bathroom? We don't want to do the copper color because we have used that in the bathroom. We don't want white because that shows dirt too easily.

I forgot I had promised pictures of the green walls, so here ya go. Hopefully that will help you help us make a decision.







Tomorrow James will be priming the ceiling and we still need to finish painting the walls, so maybe he'll spare me that job and finish it up for me. :D

We look forward to hearing your opinions and hope you enjoy all the pictures. Until we meet again, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment