Sunday, May 15, 2011

A New Day

Thankfully Saturday was a much better day all around. We got some work accomplished and that makes us feel a little better as we have 77 days to go (if we leave OH August 1).

James completed the bathroom floor and it looks AWESOME and he also installed the toilet. Just need to put up the trim around the top and bottom of the bead board and get and install the bathroom faucet, hang a shower curtain and we will have at least ONE area complete. Yes we have decided to put the shower door on hold because we just can't find what we need/want in the price range that we like/can afford.

Here are the photos of the bathroom.






While James was busy working in the bathroom, I was busy sanding the desktop. That is one long process, but it would have been even worse if we didn't have a power sander! It took me about 2 hours to finish the remaining 3/4 of the table. The sucky part is we measured the table and it is 36 inches wide which is a tad on the ENORMOUS side for fitting in the RV, so James is going to take off about 10 inches off the back to make it fit. Silly me, I sanded the back portion and had we measured it and figured out what we were going to do before I started sanding I could have saved myself some time by not even messing with the portion we are removing. Oh well, it kept me busy and it was a beautiful day outside.

Here are some before shots of the desk.





We finished our projects up early enough that we could close all the windows and cover the table before the rain arrived. It rained off and on all night and now today is cold and wet and is supposed to continue raining. *Sigh* I swear we may have to turn the big beauty into an Ark in order to get out of here. LOL

Thanks for popping in and I hope you enjoyed the photos and are as excited as we are that work is once again happening, even if it is just the little stuff. Have a wonderful day and well check back in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment