Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29 A week has passed???!

I can't believe a week has gone by since I've last posted on the blog! So sorry to all our followers. Even though there hasn't been much chatter here, there sure has been a lot of work going on in the RV.

James has been busy working on many projects. He has completed the base of the bed and it is as solid as a rock!




We will be snug as bugs in the room that is mainly a bed. :D





Friday night and most of the Saturday we shopped for more items to complete our beach house. We purchased a shower door, but later realized that it is a tad too tall for the space. Since it is tempered glass we are unable to cut it down to fit, so not sure what we are going to do. James is so handy that I'm sure he'll get it figured out in no time.

While attempting to figure out the ceiling in the remainder of the coach we found something to help button up the shower area in order to keep it dry and look nice as well. The piece that James found was meant for a drop ceiling or some such thing, but it worked perfectly as the trim around the shower. Good job babe! Thought I had a picture, but surprisingly I don't, so I'll add that to my list of shots to get.

Sunday we spent at least 7 hours working in the coach. James worked on the shower area, adding cabling for the TV in the bed room and papering the front wall in the living room area while I painted, painted, primed and painted. Good gravy that is a lot of work! The cabinets look AWESOME though. I sure was worried about the white, because I just don't really like white, but it looks GOOD. James has been adding 3rd and 4th coats the last couple of days to get them looking nice.



He also papered, primed AND painted the front wall that shuts out the driving area of the coach. At first he scared me and asked for the white paint roller to paint all the walls and I had I minor freak out. LOL I just couldn't stand the idea of the entire area being white OMG that is just too much! Then I thought OMG I can't stand the idea of picking out any more paint colors, so I told him just paint everything white because I'm done. Fortunately, he didn't listen to me in my moment of insanity. Instead he primed the walls and we left it at that until we picked out some wonderful shades of green thanks to the help of our friend Mary Ingram who works at Lowes in the paint dept. You ROCK, Mary! Thank you so much for helping me get over my fear of committing to paint colors! :D

James was so excited to get the color up that he painted the walls today! He admitted he was a little afraid of the colors, but when I saw them on the walls I was INSTANTLY in love. I tried to get some shots, but you know how that goes, so bear with me and my terrible photographing skills. Again pictures just don't do it justice, so you'll just have to see it to believe how beautiful this ol' girl is looking.

This is the front of the coach it is a very subtle shade of green. The brown door and the green wall really work well together.





This is the back part of the coach. The bathroom door is now painted brown and the walls are the darker color green. On the left you can kind of see the washing machine and on the right is where the fridge will go.




The red that you see on the right hand side of the ceiling is actually paper. James is planning to adhere this special paper to the entire ceiling so that the paintable wallpaper can be put up in the remaining area of the coach. I KNEW I'd get my way. I feel bad for him though because that is not an easy job for one man to do on his own. Keep your fingers crossed that this works because if not it is back to the drawing board for the ceiling and time is running out.

Well, that is all I have to report for now. I'll do my best to work on checking in on a regular basis. Take care and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Now all dad needs to do is make a little area where an inflatable matress can go/ pop out of the wall. You know, so when the little princess comes to spend the night Kristi will have somewhere to sleep. Eva loves falling asleep with Grandfather! lol Love you guys I am super excited for this summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you are correct! I will be booted from the bed cuz lil Miss loves to sleep with grandfather. She is so nice to let him teeter on the edge of the bed while she takes up the middle. LOL

    I am hoping to have a nice comfy recliner to crash out on.

    Love you too and soooooooooo excited to be closer to ya'll!

    ReplyDelete